Friday, December 18, 2009

Melancholy - Dylabel Designs' New Release

Hi everyone! Are you ready for the holidays? I am! I finished wrapping my dogs' presents (the last I had to wrap) this morning. I bought them both new Nylabones. I'm excited that it's Christmas, but there really isn't a whole lot going on. My sister isn't coming home for Christmas, so it'll just be my brother, my parents, and me.

My mom gave me her credit card and let me buy my Christmas present, so I already know what I am getting from my parents. Using their credit card I ordered a gift code for two Internet-based instructor-led classes at JessicaSprague.com. They are Type + Writer I and Type + Writer II. You can purchase them as a bundle. I'm excited about taking those classes because I love typography and do not think I am very good at it. I want to learn more secrets to type to improve my scrapbook layouts.

While I'm on the subject, I would like to recommend a great book on type. It's for beginner, non-designers and it just lays out what type is all about. It's called The Non-Designer's Type Book by Robin Williams.
Anyway, on to Dylabel Designs' newest release---Melancholy.

Here's the preview and below is my layout of my sister and her best friend Corrie."Melancholy" by Dylabel Designs; Pea Hannah fonts by kevinandamanda.com
It's supposed to snow here in the northeast tomorrow. So maybe it'll be white for Christmas. :) You can grab the freebie quickpage of this layout over at Belinda's blog.

No comments: