Friday, December 4, 2009

Great Tutorial on How to Use Templates

The only template I've ever made. Please feel free to snag it. (click template image to download)

When I started this blog I really concentrated on helping new digi-scrappers. As I've grown in my scrapbooking skills I have gotten away from that and kind of forgotten what would be typical questions from a newbie-scrapbooker. It was a lot easier when I was one myself. Funny how scrapping over 6 months and making approximately 75 layouts has brought me this far. And I am sure to many digi-scrappers out there I am just scratching the surface! But I am working on it. I have been scrapping up a storm these last few weeks---making about two a day for a couple of weeks. But the creative juices are starting to dry up and my momentum is slowing down.

Anyway, all of that to say that I came across a great video that will help someone newer to digi-scrapping. It is how to use templates. I know there are lots of good tutorials on this, but I still learn something new when I watch them because everybody has a different way of going about scrapping. It helps me learn the ins-and-outs of the program better.


Today's tutorial is by Cathy Zielske. I love her style, personality, and her templates and if I were not cheap I probably would own all of her templates for square pages. Here's a link to her tutorial on templates:
http://vimeo.com/7968334 and here's a link to her blog: http://cathyzielske.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/video-tutorial-working-with-layered-templates.html. What is even neater is that she turned this into a hybrid page when she was finished doing the digital part, so be sure to check out her blog.

2 comments:

CBH-Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 11 post on Dec. 05, 2009. Thanks again.

rosy said...

Very informative article, thank you for your suggestions and tips.
Web Designer Web development